About The Game
- Rise of Nations is a real-time strategy (RTS) computer game originally developed by Big Huge Games and published by Microsoft Studios on May 20, 2003. The game was updated and re-released on Steam with the Thrones & Patriots expansion as 'Rise of Nations: Extended Edition' on June 12, 2014.
- There are over 200 different units in the game.
- There are 18 different nations in the original Rise of Nations. The Thrones and Patriots expansion adds 6 more, therefore bringing the total to up 24.
- Each nation has a unique power that provides them with certain tactical and/or economical advantages.
- There are 8 different ages in Rise of Nations. Each age unlocks new building and unit types.
- The game has 17 unique wonders that each provide special bonuses when built.
- Rise of Nations employs the concept of 'territory'.
- Citizens don't remain idle after creation, but pursue an open building, repairing or harvesting task.
- Infantry units spawn in groups of 3.
Contents (All Pages)
Congratulations to Pajuaneza for being this week's top contributor!
Featured History Article
The simplicity in design, portable size and ease of procuring projectiles made the sling one of the most practical and long-lasting weapons in history. Since ancient times, shepherds from all over the world used slings to tend their flocks by launching a stone close to a straying animal, preventing them from going to an undesired direction, and the weapon became associated with the profession. It was also commonly used to hunt small game. The simplicity of the sling also mean that it saw combat quite often. The oldest-known surviving slings, radiocarbon dated to ca. 2500 BCE were recovered from South American archaeological sites on the coast of Peru. Since slings were made of biodegradable materials however, it's difficult to find slings in the archaeological record, and their use goes way back; The first illustration of a slinger is found on the site of Çatalhöyük in Southern Anatolia, dated ca. 7000 BCE. (more...)
Which of the Conquer the World campaigns have you enjoyed the most?
The United Allies were made to preserve humankind and colonize new planets. These people have colonized the planet Yora and are beginning to... (more...)
Want to help out?
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
Not sure where to start?
Talk and more...
| Other gaming wikis from Wikia:|