Not to be confused with the Napoleon CtW.
Rise of Napoleon was a mod released by Ray Tang, aka "OneDeadAngel" on Rise of Nations Heaven in mid-2005, and consisted of a single-age, 24-faction mod revolving around the Napoleonic Wars. Since then, it has proven to be one of the most popular mods around for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots.
- New cutting edge units with fairly detailed skins.
- New building system whereby a player has a greater variety of defensive structures to choose from.
- Resource tweaks that introduce new playable rare resources, whilst boosting the income rates of existing resources and certain buildings.
- Political alignment. Some units are available only with the correct government.
Ultima Ratio projectEdit
In 2015, it was decided by a series of modders to be updated and improved. The plan for this will be called Ultima Ratio and will include the following:
- Fixing the building system - various bugs impede research and prevent units that were originally meant to be trained from being recruited by human players
- More realistic research tree - the Rise of the Moderns tech tree complete with revamped technologies, is being implemented for this game.
- Entertainment districts - pubs and public buildings - will have new graphics associated with them. The Public Building will be given the very Malaysian name of "Rest House", since this better describes the function of such buildings beyond Europe.
- Unit makeovers. The Danish kanonchalup, Rocket artillery, Barbary corsairs and the ship of the line will be getting makeovers.
Since then, however, this project was scrapped in late 2016, in favour of more amendments as part of Rise of the Moderns. Nevertheless, parts of this mod are expected to form a core for developing two other spinoff mods - the Age of Conquest, and Rise of the Moderns.