|Unit Information||Game Strategies||History|
After Phalanx become Pikemen, they gain +25 hit points, +2 attack strength, and +1 line of sight. They can be used somewhat effectively against buildings, but the new, sturdier Large Cities of the age tend to offer decent protection against them, so they are not as effective in that role compared to the Heavy Infantry of past ages. However, they are still the best solution to face enemy Heavy Cavalry, and will also take down Light Cavalry and Infantry without trouble.
Unique units Edit
- The Germans train Vandals instead of Pikemen.
- The Iroquois train Heavy Mohawk Spearmen instead of Pikemen.
- The Japanese train Elite Bushi instead of Pikemen.
- The Persians train Athanatoi instead of Pikemen.
- The Romans train Caesar's Legions instead of Pikemen.
- The Spanish train Royal Scutari instead of Pikemen.