|“|| Ultima ratio regum.|
- Motto on French cannon cast by Louis XIV
- ...increases the Population Limit by +25, up to a maximum of 200.
- ...unlocks all military units of the same Age.
- ...reduces production cost for units of previous Ages by 5% per level ahead.
- ...reduces upgrade cost for units of previous Ages by 10% per level ahead.
Note that research cost also depends on the current level of Science research as well as any cost modifiers from nation powers and rare resources.
The Art of War
Levee en Masse
Rare resources Edit
- Furs reduce Military research cost by 25%. However, this does not work with the "red" future technology Missile Shield.
Nation powers Edit
- The Aztec Power of Sacrifice and the Roman Power of Caesar: Start with Military 1 (The Art of War) already researched (unless playing a Nomad or City Center Only game).
- The Bantu Power of Migration: Receive +50 to their Population Limit per Military research. They also do not require Military research to unlock new units. However, unit and upgrade costs are increased by 10% per age behind in Military research.
- The Greek Power of Philosophy: Receive a general 10% discount on all Library research cost (except for Knowledge) and research technologies 100% faster.
- The Turk Power of Siege: Military research are 33% cheaper.
- As mentioned in the trivia section of the Library page, researches have alternate titles depending on the starting and ending ages. For Military Research, they can be seen here.