|“|| Ultima ratio regum.|
- Motto on French cannon cast by Louis XIV
- ...increases the Population Limit by +25, up to a maximum of 200.
- ...unlocks all military units of the same Age.
- ...reduces production cost for units of previous Ages by 5% per level ahead.
- ...reduces upgrade cost for units of previous Ages by 10% per level ahead.
The Art of War
Levy en Masse
Note that research cost also depends on the current level of Science research as well as any cost modifiers from nation powers and rare resources.
- Connect the Furs rare resource with a Merchant to reduce Military research cost by 25%. This does not work with the "red" future technology Missile Shield.
- The Greek Power of Philosophy: Receive a general 10% discount on all Library research cost (except for Knowledge) and research technologies 100% faster.
- The Roman Power of Caesar and the Aztec Power of Sacrifice: Start with Military 1 (The Art of War) already researched (unless playing a Nomad or City Center Only game).
- The Bantu Power of Migration: Receive +50 to their Population Limit per Military research. They also do not require Military research to unlock new units. However, unit and upgrade costs are increased by 10% per age behind in Military research.
- As mentioned in the trivia section of the Library page, researches have alternate titles depending on the starting and ending ages. For Military Research, they are as follows:
|1||Officer Corps||Feudal Levies||Firepower||Military Academy||General Staff||Military Intelligence||Military-Industrial Complex|
|2||Mercenaries||Men-at-Arms||Gunsmiths||National Guard||Combined Arms Tactics||Psychological Warfare||Counter-Insurgency Warfare|
|3||Generalship||Standing Army||Ballistics||Quartermaster Courts||Deception||Radar and Sonar||Universal Military Service|
|4||Military Recruitment||Chivalry and Heraldry||Conscription||Irregular Warfare||Trench Warfare||Guided Munitions||Unified Armed Services|
|5||Grand Strategy||Plate Armor||Regimental System||Levee en Masse||Infiltration Tactics||Partisan Warfare||Precision Weapons|
|6||Military Depots||Laws of War||Morale and Cohesion||Signal Corps||Nation-In-Arms||Combined Operations||Electronic Warfare|
|7||Incendiaries||Military Indenture||Secrecy||Total War||Blitzkrieg||Selective Service||Homeland Security|