- Always try to build several Lookouts near Cities, Wonders, Forts, important rare resources and possible attack routes to spot enemy units early.
- Before getting upgraded to Observation Posts in the Gunpowder Age, Lookouts are fairly cheap and fast to build, so build a lot of them early on.
- Remember all Lookouts/Observation Posts upgrade to stationary Air Defense Guns in the Industrial Age, providing an immediate defense against enemy air raids.
- Computer players usually don't build many of these early on, as they have omniscience and simply don't need them to spot your units. This usually makes them somewhat vulnerable to Spies, though.
- Lookouts can be used to observe your borders. If any of these structures are under attack, you can be notified earlier and be prepared to defend.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.