|Unit Information||Game Strategies||History|
Light Ships are a unit series produced at the Dock, Anchorage, and Shipyard. They are quick ships with light armament and armor, all of which feature a ranged attack.
Light Ships are strong against enemy Fire Ships, Submarines, and Aircraft. Because of this, they make a good escort for the Heavy Ships unit series, which are weak to these units. Light Ships are also very effective at harassing enemy transports.
Light Ships are weak to enemy Heavy Ships.
List of Light ShipsEdit
Unit costs Edit
Light Ships' production cost increases progressively with every Dock/Anchorage/Shipyard unit on the field or currently in production. The default increase is of 1 Food (2 Oil from Industrial Age onwards) for the second unit created, increasing further with every new unit until the cost cap is reached, which for military units is +125% of their original base value.
Nation powers Edit
- The Bantu Power of Migration: Light Ships do not require Military research to be upgraded.
- The British Power of Empire: All ships, including Light Ships, are created 33% faster.
- The Dutch Power of Commerce: Ship upgrades, including Light Ships, are 10% cheaper. Also receives free Light Ship whenever a Dock is built.
- The Japanese Power of Honor: All ships, including Light Ships, are 10% cheaper.
- The Porcelain Tower makes all ships, including Light Ships, created 50% faster.
- The Angkor Wat reduces the cost of all Dock units, including Light Ships, by 25%.