|Unit Information||Game Strategies||History|
Light Infantry are fast-moving, short-ranged, lightly-armored foot units. They are the fastest type of all combat infantry and effective against other infantry units and especially Foot Archers. Light Infantry is countered with cavalry units, though Light Infantry can be used successfully against Ranged Cavalry. In formations, they line up behind the Heavy Infantry.
Initially, Light Infantry are effective primarily against Foot Archers, and markedly less so against Heavy Infantry. In the Gunpowder Age, the Light Infantry becomes obsolete and is replaced with the slower-firing but more powerful and durable Gunpowder Infantry, who are very effective against Heavy Infantry.
List of Light InfantryEdit
Unit costs Edit
Light Infantry production cost increases progressively with every Barracks unit on the field or currently in production. The default increase is of 1 Food and 1 Timber for the second unit created, increasing further with every new unit until the cost cap is reached, which for military units is +125% of their original base value.
- The American Power of Innovation: Receive Food, Timber, Metal, and Wealth to gather rate for every non-garrisoned Light Infantry. All military ground unit upgrades, including Light Infantry, are 25% cheaper.
- The Aztec Power of Sacrifice: Receive up to three Light infantry for free, depending on the Age and Military research, whenever a Barracks is built.
- The Bantu Power of Migration: Infantry units, including Light Infantry, move 25% faster and do not require Military research to be upgraded.
- The Iroquois Power of Nation: Light Infantry have hit points, are hidden when not attacking and heal while idle in friendly territory, and (undocumented/hidden) move 25% faster.
- The Japanese Power of Honor: For each Age plus Military research, Barracks units, including Light Infantry, are created 7% cheaper and 10% faster, and do 5% extra damage vs. buildings.
- The Terra Cotta Army automatically creates a Light Infantry every 30 seconds plus 0.5 seconds for every infantry units owned by the player.