|Building Overview||Technologies||Game Strategies||History|
The Granary increases the Food production of all Farms in the City it is built in. It must be built within a city's Economic radius and has two technology lines available for research, with the first one increasing the effect of all Granaries and Fishermen and the second one decreasing unit production time, increasing unit vision range and increasing the healing rate of units when garrisoned inside a building.
Effect on Food production Edit
Without upgrades, a Granary increases the food production of each farm in the same city by 20% or 2 food per 30 seconds. With the maximum of five Farms, the increase would be 10 Food. The Granary has no effect on the Food production of the city center itself or on Rare resources within the economic radius.
Agronomic research can be conducted at the Granary, which improves the effect of all Granaries as well as the gather rates of all Fishermen. Researching these agronomic technologies requires both Timber and Metal.
- The Egyptians start with a free Granary and may build additional Granaries without fulfilling the technology requirements. They also get Granary upgrades immediately and for free, as soon as they become available. In addition to this, Egyptians may also build seven farms instead of the usual five, thereby increasing the maximum effect of granaries and the production rate of food.
- The Germans may upgrade Granaries earlier and at half cost. They can build Granaries from the beginning of the game.
- The Maya get a 20% increase on hit points and a 20% decrease on construction times for all buildings.
- The Lakota cannot build Granaries and the ones captured are immediately destroyed. Because they cannot build granaries, they also do not benefit from its technologies.
- The Chinese get the Medicine Technologies researched for free as soon as they become available.