Governments are policies and systems that run, control, and stabilize what you uphold your nation's benefits and other commodities in Rise of Nations gameplay. The Senate, your legislative builiding, researches new Governments to better your country's glory.
Types of GovernmentsEdit
Each time a nation picks a new government, it may pick either a 'totalitarian government' (red icons, research hotkey ) or a 'concensus government' (green icons). Bonuses from previous governments are kept, and the Patriot unit is replaced with a stronger version, with his new abilities depending on the new government chosen.
Red Governments Edit
"Red", or Totalitarian governments are devoted to military development and warfare, benefiting nations fielding lots of units and often waging wars. Their patriots are oriented to offensive warfare and always give the benefits of a Supply Wagon (eliminate attrition and provide supply for artillery units).
- Despotism ( Classical Age) reduces cost for Military Research as well as Barracks units and upgrades by 25%. The nation receives the The Despot Patriot (provides supply and bonuses to line-of-sight and plunder).
- Monarchy ( Gunpowder Age) reduces cost and production times of Stable/Auto Plant units by 25%. The nation receives the The Monarch Patriot (provides supply and bonuses to cavalry and artillery units).
- Socialism ( Industrial Age) reduces cost and production times of Factory, Dock and Airbase units by 20%. The nation receives the The Comrade Patriot (provides supply and bonuses to combat and assimilation).
In modding, Totalitarian governments are known as "red" governments because of the prevailing colour of the vanilla tech icons.
Green Governments Edit
"Green", or Consensus/Democratic governments are dedicated to the economical and scientific development of a nation. Their patriots offer production and defense bonuses and provide healing to nearby units and buildings.
- Republic ( Classical Age) increases the Commerce Limit for all resources by 50. The nation receives the The Senator Patriot (provides healing, building armor and can bribe units)
- Democracy ( Gunpowder Age) reduces non-library research cost by 20%. The nation receives the The President Patriot (provides healing, increases unit production and building construction within his radius).
- Capitalism ( Industrial Age) increases the gather rate of Oil by 100 and gives a one-time bonus of 500 Oil. The nation receives the The CEO Patriot (provides healing, protection from bribery/sniping and increases nearby unit's attack/vision range).
In modding, Consensus governments are known as "green" governments because of the prevailing colour of the vanilla tech icons.
Related Nation PowersEdit
- The Iroquois build their first Senate immediately and for free, allowing for a quicker access to governments.
- The Americans research governments for free.
- The Persians get two capitals, so if one is taken, the government will be moved to the other one. The first and second city are the capitals by default, unless a Senate is built in any other, in which case the first city and the one with the Senate will be the capitals.