The Commerce Limit, sometimes called Commerce Cap, is the current maximum gather rate for all resources, i.e., the current maximum amount of basic resources that can be gathered per 30 seconds. It starts at 70 by default. There are various ways to increase this limit, thus accumulate new resources faster. See below for details.
Note that Knowledge is not affected by the Commerce Limit, thus will not go to waste until it hits the global limit of 999.
Increasing Commerce Limit Edit
The Commerce Limit starts at 70 for all resources and there are several ways to increase it. Developing Commerce technologies at the Library will gradually increase the limit as the nation progresses through this field of research to 100, 150, 200, 260, 320, 400, 500, and with Global Prosperity, finally to the maximum of 999.
Nation powers Edit
- The British Power of Empire: +25% Commerce Limit for all resources.
- The Egyptian Power of the Nile: +10% Food Commerce Limit.
- The French Power of Leadership: +10% Timber Commerce Limit.
- The Inca Power of Gold: +33% Wealth Commerce Limit.
- The Pyramids increases the Commerce Limit for Food and Wealth by 50.
- The Colossus increases the Commerce Limit for Timber and Wealth by 50.
- The Temple of Tikal increases the Commerce Limit for Timber by 100.
- The Angkor Wat increases the Commerce Limit for Metal by 100.
- The Taj Mahal increases the Commerce Limit for Wealth by 300.
- The Kremlin increases the Commerce Limit for Food, Timber, Metal, and Oil by 200.
- The Eiffel Tower increases the Commerce Limit for Oil by 200.