Civilisations is a simple mod being created for Rise of Nations.
What's in this mod?Edit
The following unit changes are expected:
- Different names for units
- Units sometimes have 2 different skins, reflecting changes in the era.
- Some units are removed while others are reintrouduced as shared units.
- The Solduri , Barbarians , and Vandals are being replaced by the Neitos, Suebians, and Ritterbruders.
- Neitos are available to both Germans, British and French
- Landsknechts get a new skin.
- A new skin for German light tanks is to be introduced, with the Strv m/21 and Panzers I-II representing the new Light Tank in the Industrial and Modern Ages.
- The Chevalier and Heavy Chevalier get replaced by the Brihentin and the Frank, the latter having 2 distinct skins.
- British Longbowmen are scrapped.
- Caesar's Legions and Praetorians are replaced by two new units: the Skoutatoi and the Magistral Guard Infantry.
- Heavy Archers will be made to replace Crossbowmen.
- Ashigaru Spearmen are scrapped.
- Bushi , Elite Bushi , Samurai and Gun Samurai are brought forward so as to be created 1 Age earlier.
- Heavy Flaming Arrow gets a new skin.
- Manchu Musketeers are renamed as Divine Ordnance Division and get a new set of animations.
- Manchu Riflemen are replaced by GMJ infantry.
- Manchu Infantry are scrapped.
- Chariots are made available to both Chinese, Indians and Egyptians.
- Heavy Chariots are scrapped (but remain to be replaced by Heavy Horse Archers for Chinese, and Elite Camel Archers for Egyptians)
- Mamelukes are shared between Egyptians and Turks.
- Royal Companion and Stratiotai are replaced by Scholaroi and Pronoiaroi.
- Royal Stratiotai are replaced by Stradiots.
- A new reskin for the Scutari
- Royal Scutari are scrapped.
- Royal Tercios are scrapped.
- Reiters replace Conquistador , and will be added to Dutch and Spanish rosters.
- Elite Conquistador is replaced by Colonial Dragoons who are added to Spanish roster.
- Arquebus Immortals are replaced by Ghilman, who have two distinct uniforms - a Safavid Uniform, and one based off early Qajar infantry uniform.
- Two new skins for Elite Light Cavalry are projected, with the Elite Light Cavalry in the Enlightenment Age using the old Cuirassier uniform.
- Golden Horde is to be made available to both Persians and Mongols
- The Culverin Mahout is scrapped for Persians.
Will there be new units?Edit
Considering that we do have 5 unit slots available, I haven't decided really on what could possibly replace them yet.
- Baleares - replaces Slingers for Spain, a very powerful light infantry unit.
- Armatoloi - a unique infantry unit for Greece, lasts from the Gunpowder to Enlightenment Age for Greece.
- Ghazis - available to Persians, Egyptians and Turks.
- Yamato-class battleship for Japan, other factions have to use smaller battleship models.
- Airship - possibly a no-oil air unit, but this is uncertain.