|“|| My subjects are rats in a basket. If I do not keep shaking the basket, they will gnaw their way through.|
- Moulay Ismail the Warrior, 17th century sultan of Morocco
Civic Research is one of the four technology disciplines available at the Library. It increases the number of cities the player can build and also expands national borders, as well as unlocking the Religion and Taxation technologies at the Temple.
- ...increases the City Limit by +1, allowing you to build/own another city.
- ...expands national borders.
Oath of Fealty
Rare resources Edit
- Dye reduces Civic research cost by 25%. However, this does not work with the "blue" future technology World Government.
Nation powers Edit
- The Greek Power of Philosophy: Receive a general 10% discount on all Library research cost (except for Knowledge) and research 100% faster.
- The Persian Power of Ceremony: Receive a 30% discount on Civic research.
- The Russian Power of the Motherland: Start with Civic 1 (City State) already researched (unless playing a Nomad or City Center Only game), allowing them to build a second city immediately.
- As mentioned in the trivia section of the Library page, researches have alternate titles depending on the starting and ending ages. For Civic Research, they can be seen here.