|Nation Overview||Strategic Overview||CtW Information||History|
The British are one of the 18 nations in the original Rise of Nations. They have the Power of Empire, based on the fact that the British Empire was the largest empire in history at its height during the late 19th century CE to early 20th century CE, giving them a widespread political, legal, linguistic and cultural legacy best described by the phrase "the sun never sets".
Power of Empire Edit
- +25% Commerce Cap. Receive double income from Taxation (territory-based tax only), and Taxation upgrades are 50% cheaper.
- All ships created 33% faster.
- Receive Foot Archers upgrades for free. Receive free Archer(s) whenever you build a new Barracks: One at start, two with Medieval Age, and three with Gunpowder Age. Given only up to the population limit.
- +2 tiles range to Forts and Towers.
- Anti-Aircraft units and buildings created 25% cheaper and 33% faster.
- Get one free Fishing Boat whenever you build a new Dock.
The British unique foot archers have +1 attack damage, increased HP, cost 10 less timber, and have +2 attack range compared to the standard units they replace. The unique foot archers have a 5% damage penalty against all units, somewhat negating the +1 attack damage, but have a 30% damage bonus against heavy infantry (for a net +23.5% damage bonus against heavy infantry compared with standard foot archers).
Highlanders have the same basic stats as Musketeers, while Black Watch has -4 HP, +1 moves, and cost 10 less food and timber compared with Riflemen. Both have a 30% damage bonus against all foot units, compared with the standard units they replace.
The Lancaster bomber has +2 attack damage, faster turn rate, and higher accuracy compared with the standard Bomber, so it makes more bombing runs over its target before needing to refuel, with increased damage per run.
|British Unique Foot Archers, Classical Age - medium-ranged foot infantry with little armor; superior in almost every way to normal Foot Archers.|
|British Unique Foot Archers, Medieval Age - medium-ranged foot infantry with little armor; superior in almost every way to normal Crossbows.|
|British Unique Foot Archers, Gunpowder Age - long-ranged foot infantry with little armor; stronger and cheaper than Arquebusiers.|
|British Unique Gunpowder Infantry, Enlightenment Age - particularly effective against all forms of enemy infantry.|
|British Unique Modern Infantry, Industrial Age - particularly effective against all forms of enemy infantry.|
|British Unique Bomber Aircraft, Modern Age - more powerful against enemy cities and buildings than normal Bomber; somewhat inaccurate.|
- King Henry VIII
- Richard the Lionheart
- King Richard III
- King Henry V
- William the Conqueror
- Queen Elizabeth I
- Queen Mary
- The player will play as the British through history in the game Tutorials Menu. An additional Quick Learn match is added at the top of the Tutorials Menu as a free form scenario to give basic details during gameplay. Other, more simplistic games have been added to this section. As mentioned before, these matches (in a set scenario), correspond to the national history of Britain. All playable nations in this Rise of Nations category, are the British. Notable points in time, are the ages of Boadicea, Alfred the Great, The 100 Years War, the reign of Henry VIII, and the runup to the Battle of Britain.