|Nation Overview||Strategic Overview||CtW Information||History|
The Aztecs are one of 18 nations in vanilla Rise of Nations. They have the Power of Sacrifice, based on the central role of warfare in Aztec society, where it was frequently carried out, not to to outright kill the enemy, but to acquire captives to ritually sacrifice; a vital aspect of maintaining the world's balance in Aztec cosmogony, and the greatest opportunity for men of all origins under Aztec rule to increase their social standing.
The Power of Sacrifice Edit
- Gain 15 bonus resources plunder per age when your Barracks, Stable, and Dock units slay an enemy, up to a maximum of 60 resources. Not working for Factory and Airbase units as well as nuclear missiles. This stacks (additively) with the plunder bonus of a Despot Patriot.
- Plunder given when destroying enemy buildings is increased by 100%. This stacks multiplicatively with the plunder bonus of a Despot Patriot (thus receiving 4X the plunder bonus with a nearby Despot Patriot). However, plunder bonus from taking over a capital is not affected.
- Start with the first Military technology already researched at the Library.
- Receive free Light Infantry whenever you build a new Barracks: one at start, two with Classical Age and 1 Military techs researched, and three units with Gunpowder Age and 3 Military techs researched. The units are given only up to the population limit.
The free Military technology is not given when starting with City Center Only or as Nomads.
Unique Units Edit
The Aztecs' unique Light Infantry units have +10 HP and +3 moves compared to the standard units they replace. The unique Modern Infantry units have increased attack, HP, +3 moves, and +1 armor compared to the standard units they replace. The Jaguar Assault Infantry also has +1 attack range and +1 line of sight compared to the standard Assault Infantry.
Damage-wise, the Modern Age Infantry does not have the 5% damage penalty against Heavy Cavalry and Light Cavalry that most Modern Infantry (including Jaguar Infantry) have; in effect, the Jaguar Infantry does slightly less damage against those units than the regular Infantry they replace.
Aztec Unique Light Infantry, Ancient Age - fast, cheap, and short-ranged. Quicker and tougher than Slingers.
Aztec Unique Light Infantry, Classical Age - fast, cheap, and short-ranged. Quicker and tougher than Javelineers.
Aztec Unique Light Infantry, Medieval Age - fast, cheap, and short-ranged. Quicker and tougher than Elite Javelineers.
Aztec Unique Modern Infantry, Modern Age - faster and with a stronger attack than ordinary Modern Infantry.
Aztec Unique Modern Infantry, Information Age - faster and with a stronger attack than ordinary Modern Infantry.
- Emperor Acamapichtli
- Emperor Huitzilihuitl
- Emperor Chimalpopoca
- Emperor Itzcoatl
- Emperor Ilhuicamina
- Emperor Axayacatl
- Emperor Tizoc
- Emperor Ahuitzotl
- Emperor Ahuizotl
- Emperor Moctezuma
- Emperor Cuitlahuac
- Emperor Cuauhtemoc
- Ahuizotl is an alternate spelling of the name of Emperor Auitzotl, meaning he appears twice as leader on the game's list.