|Unit Information||Game Strategies||History|
Assault Marines are the American unique Modern Infantry of the Information Age, replacing the regular Assault Infantry. They are similar to the Marines: basic frontline infantry, but they are tougher than their counterparts. Trainable at the barracks, they can be a considerable force when produced en masse. They are accessible during the Information Age and are the cheapest, and fastest, units of this age to deploy.
The Assault Marines are effective at defeating enemy civilians, exposed spies, and other unarmed units. They also excel against Anti-Tank troops, and can be dispatched against other infantry troops and light armored vehicles. Consequently, mass production of them forms the backbone of the front line.
A unique characteristic of the Assault Marines is they can automatically entrench themselves in friendly territory without the need of a general.
Assault Marines are trained and upgraded at the Barracks.
Production cost for this unit increases progressively with every Barracks unit on the field or currently in production. However, the maximum cost for Assault Marines is capped at 180 Food / 157 Timber. Actual production and upgrading costs may differ, depending on researched technologies, connected rare resources, or adopted governments.
- The Assault Marines are based on the United States Marine Corps, with their appearance being modeled after their early 1990s to early 2000s uniform.
- They are armed with M16A2 rifle equipped with M203 grenade launcher as seen on their unit portrait.
- They are wearing PASGT helmets equipped with helmet covers as seen on their artwork and unit portrait.
- Their in game model is wearing DCU uniform. However, they are depicted with woodland BDU in their artwork.
- They are wearing M44 goggles on the selection screen (example here 6th image). However, the world model depicts them with different green goggles which could be meant to represent night vision goggles; there is official artwork which depicts them with a different style of goggles with a red tint.